Georgia’s climate makes it suit able to grow a number of different types of fruit trees. The warmth, humility, and seasonal changes make it a great location for fruit tree species both those native and not.
Contact Northside Professionals to prune your fruit trees.
But if you want to know what fruit trees will have the most success at not just surviving but actually thriving, then check out our list below of 10 fruit frees that have been proven to grow well in Georgia.
- Apple Trees – Apple trees are a hardy tree that seem to fair well in most climate, even those with a cold winter or frosty season. In fact, apple trees grow best in climates with a cold in winter, as well as moderate summer temperatures, and medium to high humidity. So places like norther Georgia are a prefect match.
- Peach Trees – Of course this tree made our list! Georgia is known as the “Peach State” and that’s because the climate, seasons, and weather are perfect for peach trees. These trees like 80% of the days in the year to be sunny and don’t like super low temperatures. Thus making Georgia a perfect place to grow them.
- Pear Trees – Similar to Peach Trees, these trees are hardy in Georgia. The only issue is Bartlett pear trees, this variety is not well adapted to the southeastern climate. But other than that most varieties grow well in all areas of Georgia.
- Fig Trees – These trees are rather invisible to pest and very trouble free. Thus making them a great candidate for growing anywhere in Georgia. And what’s neat about fig trees is every part of the fig can be eaten, including the seeds. As well, they harvested multiple times towards the end of summer. So you can get a good number of figs in a year’s harvesting.
- Blueberries – Although this one is more of a bush, it’s still a great option for growing in Georgia. And who doesn’t like fresh blueberries? Rabbit eye blueberry bushes are prefect for southern climates. And I’d suggest using that variety if you want to have the best success at growing blueberries in Georgia.
Well, there you have it! Those are the 5 best fruit trees you can grow in Georgia. Once you’ve got your trees growing, you’re in need of tree pruning and tree trimming we offer a service to help. Feel free to reach out to us for help. In fact, wether you’re looking for tree service in Marietta, GA or tree removal in Roswell, we’ve got you covered.